Orange County Schools 1:1 Initiative
Orange County Schools' 1:1 laptop initiative provides all students, from 3-12 with a laptop computer to support and transform learning. Middle and High School students can take their laptops home to extend this digital learning experience beyond the school day.
Safety and Acceptable Use Policies
- Technology and Acceptable Use
- Procedimiento para el uso aceptable de internet por el estudiante - Política numero
- Internet Safety Suggestions
K-12 Payment Center.
Students may not bring their own personal laptop. Several reasons for students not bringing their own laptop are:
- When using school issued laptops, all students and teachers have the same hardware and software, e.g. to allow for collaborative projects and seamless communication.
- The district is not permitted to install school-licensed software on computers that are not owned by the district.
- Standardization allows our IT staff to be much more effective and efficient in troubleshooting problems.
- Network and policy updates and programs can be "pushed out" to devices on the Orange County Schools domain.
- The district can ensure that all requirements for on-line testing are met.
- Child Internet Protection Act (CIPA): This Federal Law states that schools must block or filter Internet access and monitor the online activities of minors. Our monitoring system requires students to log onto the Orange County Schools domain; when logged on, the district can easily monitor and document any website accessed by individual users.