Welcome to the 2012-2013 School Year!
From the Superintendent
This is an exciting time to be part of the Orange County School District. This year the district will place an increased emphasis on science, technology, engineering and mathematics (S.T.E.M.) and academic rigor at all grade levels. As part of this initiative, we have made the largest investment in technology since the district created its first computer labs in the late 1990’s. The One-to-One Initiative will not only provide the students and staff with increased access to technology, but will also redefine the way children learn in our district. . . . READ MORE
To learn more about specific dates and supply lists for each school, visit your school's website by clicking on the links to the right >>>
2012-2013 Fast Facts
- The first day of school for Traditional Calendar students is Monday, August 27, 2012.
- Elementary School Hours: 7:55 am - 2:20 pm
- Middle School Hours: 8:20 am - 3:20 pm
- High School Hours: 8:45 am - 3:45 pm
- Students in middle school and high school will be receiving laptops in our 1:1 District Initiative this year. Click HERE to learn more about the 1:1 laptop program.
- For information on which school your child will attend and bus stops available, use our WebQuery system. WebQuery helps you determine the schools a student is eligible to attend and the available bus stops. WebQuery also provides a helpful street map. Just enter the student's information and click "Go." For additional questions regarding school transportation, visit our Transportation Department webpages.
- For information on our afterschool programs, visit our Elementary Afterschool Care Program or our Middle School Afterschool Care Program webpages.
- Lunch menus for all schools are posted on individual school sites and on the district website in our "Quick Links" section. Visit our Child Nutrition webpages to learn more about nutrition in our schools and for information on the Free/Reduced Meals program.
- Volunteers in our schools are vital to the successful educational experience for our students. For information on volunteering in our schools, please visit our Volunteer Information webpage.